Thanks everyone for being so appreciative of the food! We want you happy and well fed so you can focus on learning, and it seems to be working!
Saturday's salad dressing is from the NY Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/magazine/best-green-salad-recipe.html
Saturday's chicken is from Ina Garten:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/indonesian-ginger-chicken-recipe-1913010
Chocolate cake is here:
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-stout-cake-107105
Sunday's dressing was the same as before -- you have it in the Arcadia Mobile Market Cookbook
Sunday's Baked French Toast was inspired by Ina Garten (I lacked a few ingredients so added some apple cider into the custard mix)
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/raspberry-baked-french-toast-4720583
Lunch was Pork Meatballs, using roughly the same ingredients/proportions here, with the addition of an equal amount of fresh ginger.
https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/lamb-larb
I put all the veggies into a food processor, then mixed that (raw) with a few eggs into (10 lbs!) of ground pork, then added a good glug of fish sauce -- at least 1/4 cup and maybe more. The secret to good meatballs is to fry up a little as you go and adjust the seasonings until you like the result, THEN make meatballs. I also added lemon and lime zest and lime juice and soy sauce.
Coconut rice was simple: prepare rice as instructed on package , but substitute COCONUT CREAM (not milk, not juice not water) for half the liquid. I made 6 cups of rice, and it had about 5 c coconut cream and 5 cups of water, plus a little salt -- maybe a tablespoon. I zested a lime over the top too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
class materials in dropbox!
Shared Resources Directory that we've referenced throughout the year. You'll need to download it to make any edits. 2019 Vete...
-
Shared Resources Directory that we've referenced throughout the year. You'll need to download it to make any edits. 2019 Vete...
-
Thanks everyone for being so appreciative of the food! We want you happy and well fed so you can focus on learning, and it seems to be worki...
-
Jess asked about lunch on Sunday: They were salmon cakes, and I sort of eye balled amounts and tasted as I went, adjusting for salt and aci...
No comments:
Post a Comment